Subject: Re: [amos-list] Optimized version of AmosPro Compiler ?
From: Pietro Ghizzoni <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 01:07:55 +0200

From: Pietro Ghizzoni <[email-masked]>

Hello Michel

On 09-Mag-99, Michel Donat wrote: [amos-list] Optimized version of AmosPro Compiler ?

> Is possible to have a optimized version of compiler for 030,040,060 ?
> for use it with a ascii source , because the tokenise phase is too slow
>> 16000 lignes and >570000 text length :-)

Errmm... some problems:

I've not a 040/060, and anyway the DevPac doesn't support the 060 :(
I've a 030, but anyway the tokeniser doesn't use CPU intensive routines,
and so a '030 optimized version doesn't produce a considerable result. The
only way to gain speed would be to be able to fit the routine in the CPU
cache, but obviously it's not possible due to the routine size.

--- 

Bye!

                                     !!!
                                     o o
   +-----------------------------oOO-(_)-OOo----------------------------+
   |                                                                    |
   |  Pietro Ghizzoni - Dairymen Soft              __  /// Amiga 12OO   |
   |     E-Mail:  [email-masked]                 \\\/// 'O3O  5OMhz   |
   |           ICQ 16361472                         \/// 18MB - CD4x    |
   |                                                                    |
   | Amos Development Group Coordinator                 AMIGA RULEZ!    |
   |                                                                    |
   +--------------------------------------------------------------------+

------------------------------------------------------------------------
ONElist:  bringing the world together.
http://www.onelist.com
Join a new list today!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Official AMOS WWW: http://members.xoom.com/AmosFactory/front.html